My Design Teams

Thursday 17 February 2011

Putting on the glitz!

Morning everyone...hope you're having a good week so far!

I've been working on a special card for someone's Birthday and I wanted to share it with you because it fits in with several challenges this week. This card is for someone lovely who is really into her music, I hope she doesn't read my blog...but just in case she does I'll keep this anonymous and a little bit vaugue! I've started making larger cards recently and this is one of those - A4 in size.

Ha, ha...ok I've realised my mistake...her name is on the card! Ok, so now I've got my fingers crossed that she dosen't visit my blog!

So, which challenges does this fit with? Firstly Papertake Weekly has a "putting on the glitz" challenge this week...you all know I love a little bit of sparkle and this card is no exception! I've used a combination of sticky gems and stickles on each of the little rectangles to add a little glamour! Don't forget to pop over to the Papertake blog and see the gorgeous DT cards!

The second challenge is one of my favourite themes...Simon Says Stamp have asked us to create our own embellishments this week - fab! I've made my own little dress, pair of wellies and a champagne bottle....all of these embellishments are attached to the card using 3D sticky pads to make them pop from the card. I really enjoy creating things from paper and so this challenge was right up my street! The DT have created gorgeous embellishments for their cards...lots of lovely flowers can be seen on their blog.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm glad that I seem to have got the crafty bug back again! See you soon.
Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

thats a great card - really like the personalised embelishments

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
debby

Lena said...

Super cute. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon