My Design Teams

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Cherries Everywhere!

Hi there, thanks for popping by today.

First off I want to say thank you to everyone for their kind comments earlier this week, its been a tough couple of weeks and it all kinda got to me on Monday. I am touched by the support of everyone - thank you.

I've had a lovely evening with the Brownies and the Guides, plus I made a lovely card and experimented with some new baking! What a packed evening! I'll show you my card to start with....The Penny Black at Allsorts challenge this month is "Welcome Spring" and I decided to celebrate the fact that things are starting to grow in the spring sunshine and I'll be able to do lots of yummy baking with fresh fruit over the coming months! To see how the PB at Allsorts DT are welcoming spring pop over to their blog.

The lovely layout for this card is based on Arlana's sketch this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I enjoyed using this sketch and found it worked for my cherry theme quite well! On the original sketch there is a big flower where my cherry is sitting! Don't forget to take a peek at the SSW blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

I love this PB image, I think its sooo cute! I wanted some plain cherry backing paper to match it, but couldn't find any in my stash....so I got creative and made some myself! I used plain white card, inked up my thumb in red ink and set about creating my own cherries! I then added a little green pen for the stalks and leaves! I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I'm also going to enter this card in the "anything goes" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp challenge blog.

Just before I log off I want to show you a sneak peek of the baking I've been doing this evening. These cute little balls are in fact cake bites! I've recently stumbled upon the bakerella website and fallen in love with the gorgeous little sweet treats that are featured. So this evening I decided to give them a go....to be honest I've not coated them in the correct stuff...I've just used chocolate here, but they look fab and I'm really pleased with them! I'm going shopping this weekend for all the correct ingredients, and I'm hoping to make little mini cupcake bites next!

Thanks for popping by today and thanks for all the support.
Wedgie xxx

12 comments:

mulberry station said...

First off, Bakerella is one of my favorite blogs. Doesn't she just have some amazing thing to create. I don't do as well as she does but it is fun to try. Yours look wonderful. You card is darling. And you are so creative to design your very own cherry paper. I would have never know. I love it!!! I love your cherry emblishment too. Just a really cute card, Wedgie!!
Nancy SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Wedgie, You hand made paper couldnt be sweeter. love your cherry theam. Love that sweet image. I too the Bakerella. The cupcakes are so fun to make. Arlana@SSW!!!

Jules said...

Hi Wedgie

What a brilliant and inspired make.

Love that Penny Black image and I am so impressed with the designer cherry background paper. Ingenious.

Great cherry embellishment too.

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

Melissa Bove said...

Super adorable! I love that big cherry! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa
Simon Says DT

Kathie said...

Hi Wedgie, I just love your Cherry paper I think you need to go into designing Design Papers well done. Great image and I just adore your large cherry. Really cute Penny Black image as well. Great job. Hope the weeks are getting better for you and the weather is getting warmer.
Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Wedgie!!! I wish we lived closer, I would love to try out your baked treats!!!

Super cute card! I does remind me of summery days with your fun cherry theme!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

brenda said...

Hi Rachel

Just adorable.

I love that little image and the cherry DP and the large cherry embellish it perfectly.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Anonymous said...

Wow - everything on your blog looks yummy! Thank you so much for commenting and following our blog.
You've been added to our draw!
Take care
Angela and Rachel of
Rainbow Studio's Clear Craft stamps
xxxx

Shirley said...

This is such a sweet card Wedgie. I love the image and you have coloured it beautifully. what a fab idea to make your own backing paper. I wondered if yous till had a pink thumb after all the finger inking.I love the glittered Cherry too, it just finishes it off nicely.
Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black at Allsorts and good luck in the draw.

Shirley

Genevieve said...

Hi Wedgie! Hope you are well. Lovin your card this week. Your Dp is fab, very creative & yummie baking. always lovely to have you join us each week @ SSW :)

Genevieve SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my goodness Wedgie - this card is a work of creativity! I am totally admiring your handmade cherry paper - you are so clever my friend! And I adore that cherry embellishment. This is so wonderful and I just love, love, love it! Your card is the cherry on top of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge this week!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Jeannie said...

Everything looks yummy! Your card is just too cute with all of the cherries, and those cake bites look to die for! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie