My Design Teams

Monday 22 August 2011

Cards and cakes!

Hello there...hope you're keeping well!

I've got a couple of cakes for you today and a couple of cards! I've been a busy bee recently....what with the Brad Paisley concert last week (which was awesome), a London trip with Sheree last Saturday and a party for some visiting Japanese Girl Scouts on Sunday followed by a Birthday dinner for Anika on Sunday! It's actually Anika's Birthday tomorrow, but I thought I'd wish her a very Happy Birthday now! Here is the cake I made her...
Right, onto the cards! First off I'd like to share a card that I have made for my favourite weekend challenges....Allsorts and Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge:

The challenges:
Secret Crafter - Create a scene
Allsorts - You've been framed
Pop by both blogs to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

My second card is for this week's challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges where they have asked to see our best gift cards. I love gift cards....a card on its own is fab, but to add a little gift too...well thats just special!

Here is my gift card:

This is a fun card to give someone who loves cocktails, as the card contains a cocktail recipe fridge magnet!  I've created the fridge magnet out of card, which I have laminated and attached a strip of magnet to the back of. The magnet sits in a little pocket on the front of the card.

Pop over to the Cupcake blog to see all the gorgeous DT gift cards.

This evening I had a lot of fun with my sister - we went blackberrying in a local park. We ended up covered in mini thorns with purple hands, but we really enjoyed ourselves and got a bumper crop! I can't remember the last time I did this, but I have fond memories of doing this as a child. I took my blackberries and instead of making the usual crumble I decided to make some cupcakes! These little beauties have a blackberry cake base, a lemon icing and are topped with a fresh blackberry.

Thanks for popping by today, I love to read all your comments.
Wedgie xxxx

11 comments:

Vicky said...

Mmmmm yummy cakes hunni...and gorgeous cards too...and Wow you have been a busy bee...lol..

hugs Vicky xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Create a Scene" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have candy if you are interested :)

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Great gift card - such a clever idea with the fridge magnet! Really, really cute! Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week & good luck! x

Brodders said...

Great gift card wedgie :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck x

brenda said...

My you hvae been a bust bunny Rachel, lots of wonderful makes.

Thank you so much for joining in my 'You've been framed' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Donna said...

Beautiful gift card Rach, such a unigue design and perfect for the occasion! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Nicola said...

Great card!
Thanks for entering our 'You've been Framed' challenge this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

An Occasional Genius said...

This is not fair you know, every time I visit you are posting pics of your gorgeous cakes & I drool!! Nipping off for an apple is not nearly so satisfying...

Anyway being a fellow Brad fan, I'll forgive you!! Great card xx

Faye said...

I love that when I visit you, I am bombarded with fab cards and scrummy looking cakes. I wish I lied next door to you. No, actually, on second thoughts, I'm on a diet...
xxx