My Design Teams

Monday 8 August 2011

Sew Mad!

My goodness I've had a busy evening! After work I popped by mum's and stayed for a cup of tea and a natter...I then headed off to the gym for a mini workout and finally home for dinner and a quick card making session! Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight!!

If its Monday it must be a new fab challenge from the lovely Cupcake ladies....this week the challenge is "sew mad"...they want to see projects which feature some sewing...it can be real or faux...as long as there are some stitches on your card! For some inspiration pop by the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

I know you saw this stamp only yesterday, but I really, really like it!


I've used a square card blank and added layers of purple backing papers which I have stamped a pretty edge on. Each layer is stuck down with 3D sticky pads near the edge to add a brilliant dimension to the card. I then added my teacup image which has been coloured with Promarkers and my sentiment. Finally I attached a little light purple backing paper at the top of the card and added some cute faux stitching. The inspiration for the layering of the backing papers came from Quick Cards magazine and I think it looks fantastic.

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card Rach, I love the way you have placed the punched lace layers and the way you've coloured your incredibly sweet image...I think I may have got this stamp free recently with a magazine! Thanks for playing along with us Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun...love the stamp (I have it too..!) and great dp's and colour too sweetie...and wow you have been a busy bee...lol..you will sleep well tonight me thinks!!:o)

hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, love the lilac colour on your card and great idea for the border punch, love it xxx

Tracey said...

This is so pretty, I love that image :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

Tiggerbird said...

A gorgeous card. I love the colour theme :) x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your stitching looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x