My Design Teams

Sunday 20 May 2012

Challenges Galore!

Happy Sunday Folks!

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! I survived my Brownie experience yesterday....I was tasked with supervising the circus skills equiptment....unfortuantly for me this was a very popular area with the Brownies! I think I probably saw all 550 of them at some point in the day!!

Today has been a lot more sedate....a trip to Tescos....some housework (boring!!) and some crafting!! I also decided to do some blog surfing to find some new challenge blogs to add to the ones I already join each week. There are soooo many out there!!

Inspired by all the DT cards I've seen today I got stuck in.....


I have to say that I am sooo pleased with this card (despite those polka dots giving me a bit of a headache!!) I've used blue backing paper, along with that fab polka dot paper. I've used a Digi Doodles vintage car image along with a Papermania stamped image and I think they look quite cute together. My little mechanic is fixed on the card using 3D sticky pads to make him look like hes in front of the car!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Digi Doodles Challenge - work related (hes a mechanic!!)
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C137 - Happy Birthday
Truely Scrumptious - anything goes

Now for a card that I'm not so keen on....


This one hasn't quite turned out how I'd like it to....but hey ho! Along with the green backing paper and patterned papers, I've also used this quite LOTV teddy bears picnic image and some beautiful green organza. My image is coloured with my Promarkers.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Lili's Little Fairies - bear essentials
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge - anything goes for kids
Tuesday Throwdown - material

Pop by all the challenge blogs mentioned to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created for these challenges.

I've also found some more fab challenges to keep me busy this week!! Pop by and see what I've been getting up to!!

Thanks for popping by today, its so lovely to see you!
Wedgie xxx

19 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Very sweet card for our Anything Goes challenge. Any child would love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and also for your kind comment and promise to send some cards in. Since you are sending from overseas, could you please send them to one of our Canadian addresses? They do not get as many cards as the US addresses and so would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again! Karen SAS4Kids

Christy Beans said...

Love those LOTV Bears on picnic and your other card is cute, too! =) Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes for Kids challenge at SAS4K! ~Christy

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow you have been busy. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous.
Diane xx

mixamatoasties said...

Aww look at those teddies having their picnic.... No prizes for guessing what song I'm singing now ;)

Susan xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Two, wonderful cards, I like the car on the first one, it would fit in the Dudetime birthday challenge, I like the sweet image and the papers on the second card.
kevin xx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Wedgie...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh very cute! Fab card. Kim

Mary J said...

That guy card is fab Wedgie! Brilliant layout and the second is sooo sweet - perhaps a few flowers around the bottom right corner of the image to bring the colours together? But I love it anyway!

Unknown said...

Fab male card Wedgie - you've certainly got great depth with the mechanic.

You're second card is so sweet as well.

Sarah

PS - Been wandering back through your blog and Larry the Lemon looks fab, bet the smell is amazing!!

Deonna B said...

What an Adorable stamp with those little bears having a picnic tea party.Fabulous card for a child. Thank you for joining us this week at Send a Smile 4 Kids.

Wishcraft said...

Perfect male card and love those cute bears. Two fab cards hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Joanne said...

Such a great card! The guy mechanic is sooo cute, he fits perfectly with that car! Nice coloring and a super boys card! Thanx so much for joining us at CC&CC, come back again soon! Aloha.

downrightcrafty said...

just beautiful, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Fab male card! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious' Anything Goes Challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us for this week’s ‘Bear Essentials’ challenge at Lili’s Little Fairies. I just love your cute beary card. Hope to see you again next week. Hugs Christine x

Stampalicious said...

very nice masculine card, great colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love the sweet little picnic image, such an adorable card! Thanks for joining us @ SAS 4 kids for the "Anything Goes" challenge :)

An Occasional Genius said...

I love this male card Wedgie! I have the same stamp set & do you know, I never once thought of teaming him with a car lol!! So huge thanks for the inspiration!! I am so not with it sometimes!! xx

An Occasional Genius said...

P.S. Glad circus skills went well & you survived!!