My Design Teams

Sunday 15 July 2012

What?? Limit my coffee??

Yes folks...last week I had some interesting news...apparently I need to watch my caffine intake!! Now I wouldn't say that I'm a coffee addict, I definitly don't drink ten cups a day...but I do love a good cup of coffee or tea or green tea (you should have seen the doctor's face when I said I drink all three!!). I've been having blood pressure isues for a while now and finally the doctor has issued me with some lifesytle changes to make...lucky me!! I've also been told that decaffinated versions of drink aren't that good for me either....I should be drinking naturally caffine free stuff.....lots of fruit tea for me then!!

So inspired by this wonderful news I came up with this card...


The lovely sketch can be found over at Crazy 4 Challenges this week...now I don't normally like circles, but I really loved this sketch! My colours of soft pinks came from the pink challenge over at Lili's Little Fairies and cool colours challenge at DYSU.

Finally Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge has a food and drink challenge and Simon Says Stamp challenge has a fruity challenge....I've opted for this cute LOTV teatime image, coupled with the gorgeous cherry backing paper. This image always reminds me of me and my sister...especially since we do love an afternoon tea! This is us at a vintage event....what do you think??

Talking of tea...we have our second Blooming Tea Party for Marie Curie next Saturday....can we all start doing our sunshine dances as I don't think its going to be much fun in mum's garden if it keeps raining like this!!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

14 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Great card hun, love the design - and just look at that photo of you, fabulous girl! I'm off the caffiene for ditto blood pressure reason - have been drinking de-caff coffee and tea for about eight years now. I cannot see me drinking fruit tea in a month of Sundays, blergh, good luck with that one! Hugs Sxx

Scrapper Myra said...

Nice card.

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation and just perfect for our challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us this week
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Wedgie, I like the design the papers and the sweet image.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

What a delightful stamp Rachel its beautiful I love this card. I am sorry you have been having BP probs, look after yourself take care Hugs Elaine

Kim said...

Awesome card! Too bad about the caffeine, I LOVE my coffee, but your heAlth is more important!!!! take good care of yourself.

debby4000 said...

fabulous sweet card.
luv
debby

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the cute image! Hope you feel better soon and get your BP down! Hugs and sunshine!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Very sweet and adorable card.Loved that cute image and your colouring.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

Conny said...

Your card is absolute perfect! I love this wonderful image!

Hugs
Conny

WencheP said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, the image so cute and I love the cherry paper.
I'm a coffee addict and I think I would cry if the doc told me I had to watch my intake lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Great card and use of cool colors!! Love the image, so sweet!! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

Ren-Yi said...

Wow - what a superb card. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.