My Design Teams

Saturday 29 September 2012

A little bit vintage

Hello there...hope you've had a fab week!

Mine has been another busy one with a big consultant event mid week which I organised for my work. We brought together medical consultants from across the country for the meeting in London...I've been working on it for ages and I'm pleased that it went well.

In fact I've been so busy with this meeting that I nearly didn't have a card for you today! I headed off to work on Wednesday and hadn't planned to go home until fairly late on Friday evening (I stay with either my mum or my sister, both of them live much closer to my office than I do!). When I got to mum's on Wednesday evening I suddenly realised that I needed to make my card for Sweet Stampin this week! Luckily I had my laptop with me and so I had some digi images to choose from. Then I discovered mum's little craft cupboard....and manage to find enough materials to make this card....

 
Isn't that ribbon fab?? Mum's cupboard is technically full of things for our Brownie meetings, so I am really pleased that I could find these bits and pieces!
 
Sooooo...you might be wondering what the actual challenge is this week at Sweet Stampin!! We have a theme close to my heart this week....we want to see your vintage cards! If you'd like some more inspiration, pop by the Sweet Stampin blog to see all the gorgeous Team Abi DT cards!
 
I think this is a bit more shabby chic than vintage, but the sentiment definitly fits the bill and I love this Pollycraft image (it reminds me of me!!). I have also used some brown parcel paper and some gorgeous backing paper that I found in a craft magazine. I've coloured the image with some colouring pencils that I found!
 
We are joined this week by

 
as our weekly sponsor....and we are joined this month by

 
as our monthly sponsor!
 
I'd also like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Love to Create - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
 
Pop by these blogs to see all the gorgeous DT cards that have been created!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

Unknown said...

Wedgie this is so cute, and how fun to have a mum having crafty stuff :) xx

Vicky said...

So cute Wedgie...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Jenny said...

Love this image and perfect sentiment. x

Doreen said...

so lovely Wedgie. The image is so sweet
Big hugs
Doreen xx