My Design Teams

Friday 21 September 2012

I'm soooo excited!!

Hello there...hope you've had a good week! I am as my post title suggest....SO EXCITED! I have a fab weekend ahead of me...most of it spent with my friend Becca and my sister Lorna. I have been waiting for this weekend to come along for ages!!

Tomorrow I am going to The Berkley hotel in London to experience a Pret a Portea. For those of you who pop by regularly you'll know how much I love an afternoon tea....well a Pret a Portea is amazing! It's inspired by the fashion seasons and features fabulous shoe shaped biscuits and sweet treats in the colours of the seasons. I booked this tea back in May or June (its been so long I can't remember when I actually booked it!!) and I can't wait!

Then on Sunday we are all off to the Festival of Vintage at Epsom race course...a whole day of vintage! There will be shopping, fashion shows, exhibitions, dancing and loads of other things! How exciting!

Watch this space for a post full of cool photos!!

Anyway, while waiting for Joe to come home from work I decided I had time to make a little card....

 
The weather is most definitley changing at the moment...and hopefully this card captures those wonderful autumn colours that are appearing! I've gone with browns and oranges for this card...along with a stamp that I probably use way too often (but I don't care because I love it!). I've used my corner punch on the image. There is sparkle on that gorgeous floral backing paper and I have added more sparkle to the image.
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - cutting corners
Papertake Weekly - hazy shade of autumn
 
Pop by all the challenge blogs mentioned to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created.
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

15 comments:

Tracey T said...

Love this card, Wedgie - the stamp is so versatile and the colours are perfect for this time of year. Sounds like my idea of a great weekend! Have a wonderful time, darling and be sure to let us know all about it - save me some cake!! Hugs, Tracey xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours. Have a fabulous week-end.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the stamp and the papers, Have a wonderful weekend.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the stamp and the papers, Have a wonderful weekend.
Kevin xx

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Wedgie! I love the colours, those papers are fab!

Tags xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh hope you have a great weekend hun, love the papers on this gorgeous card so warming too
Hugs Kate xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Well shame on me, I don't think I've seen this stamp on your cards before! It looks amazing & right up my street. Lovin' the autumn colours too.

I hope you waved at Mr Abi, he's been in London today too (yes, I know it'a a big place lol!)

Hope you've had a wonderful day today & also tomorrow too. Hugs xx

mixamatoasties said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. I expect to see lots of cake photos on your blog next week :)

Fab card too. Very autumnal.

Susan xx

Mrs A. said...

I love that stamp too.It defo has to go on my must have list of like I want it yesterday! Hoipe you have a fabulous Weekend. It sounds fun. Hugs Mrs A.

Faye said...

Love, love, love this card Wedgie. Fab colours too. Hope you've had a fab weekend. X

Lisa Jane said...

very pretty papers and image
Thanks for joining us this week for our sketch challenge at Crafty Sentiments
Lisa x

stampingtink said...

Pretty card! I love your paper choice and the image is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Susan - DT

Flutterby Trina said...

pretty card! Wonderful take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon! Hugs Katrina DT

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Sketch challenge
Have you see the DT Call?
Love Jan
xx

Larelyn said...

Very pretty - such a subtle card. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown.
Hugs,
Larelyn