My Design Teams

Saturday 20 October 2012

Just Sepia

Happy Saturday! I hope you are well this morning!

So, its another Saturday...that means we have a shiny new challenge for you over at My Time to Craft! This week we have a colour challenge for you - we'd love to see your sepia creations....so get your soft browns at the ready!

The DT have created some fab cards as inspiration for you this week...pop by the My Time to Craft blog to see what they've made.

Here is my card.....

 
I've gone with a slightly vintage feel for this card as I think it suits the sepia colour tones well. I have stamped my image on card which I had already coloured with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink - I don't use this ink very often, but really enjoyed creating the ink effect on the card. I added a little more colour to the teacup with my Promarkers.
 
I have stamped my happy birthdat sentiment on a brown tag, and added soem faux white stiching around the edge. I have created the layout for this card using various soft brown patterned papers.
 
I'd like to enter this card over at the following challenges:
Allsorts - auntumn colours
DYSU - something vintage (my teacup!)
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

21 comments:

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love the image and great vintage look.xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image!
hugs shell xx

Tracey T said...

You've done the vintage look beautifully, Wedgie - the teacup stamp is beautiful and I love the colours in your papers. Have a lovely weekend. xx

brenda said...

It's a beautifully details teacup stamp and looks good in the sepia tones.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

Where's the cake today ?

B x

Lorraine said...

Oooh a nice cuppa tea...just what I need!! Gorgeous card Wedgie. Love the image and colours.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Ann said...

Love the vintage feel! The teacup is beautiful!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the tea cup and the vintage look.
Kevin xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Wedgie...:o)

have a lovely weekend hun...big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

I could do with a cup of tea right now Wedgie. ;) Your card is so pretty and I love your stamped image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Judith said...

Love this stamp - perfect for this challenge - love the inky effects! X

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Wedgie, love the style of your csrd... Its really elegant. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Lovely old looking teacup

kitten - DYSU team

Pat said...

Great card with a super image Wedgie.

Pat xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

lovely!

Plastic Cards Printing said...

What a lovely card. So cute design. I like the colors you have used and that cup is superb. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.

Tracey T said...

Hey Wedgie! Have you been over to Cupcake today? Go and have a look... xx

Craftnut said...

Great card Wedgie. Thanks for joining us at allsorts. Tracy xx

Craftnut said...

Great card Wedgie. Thanks for joining us at allsorts. Tracy xx

Sheila said...

Lovely card x

Jo Channon said...

Loving this card Wedgie, it makes you feel like curling up in your sloppy jumper and chilling! Thx for taking part in the Allsorts Challenge Jo x