My Design Teams

Monday 1 October 2012

Visiting an Old Friend.....

Hello there...Happy Monday! I hope you've had a lovely day!

Soooo....I enter a lot of challenges and visit a lot of challenge blogs...we all know that....and I seem to go through phases of which ones I visit regularly. One challenge blog that I used to visit every Wednesday without fail, but one that I haven't visited in ages is Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The ladies over there are all so talented and friendly....I couldn't resist popping by this evening to see what they've been creating.

Here is their fab sketch for this week....

 
Plus they have a lovely theme of celebrating women....I decided to make a card that celebrates female friendship....I love to make cakes and cards for my friends "just beacause" and so when I saw this cute freebie image everything fell into place!
 
 
Isn't she sweet?? Just put some glasses on her and it could be me!! The image is from Sliekje Digi Stamps where Angelique creates super cute images. The girl in the image does have legs...but I wanted to make her a bit smaller and so I cut them off - I hope Angelique doesn't mind!!
 
I've gone with pinks and soft pastel colours for this card to make it really girly, but added a bit of blue to make my image stand out. I coloured the image with my Promarkers and added a little sparkle to the cupcake with my Stickles. I've also added my sentiment in a banner.
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Love to Create - thinking of you
The Pink Elephant - banners
Top Tip Tuesday - good with food
 
My Tip this fortnight - the ribbon on my card actaully belong's to my sister's new PJs!! Its the ribbon loops that are there to keep your clothes on the hanger. Now before you get the wrong idea, I didn't just cut off the ribbon without her knowing....but she did decide she didn't need the ribbon as she wouldn't be hanging up her PJs and so cut it off and gave it to me! What a fab way to add to my ribbon stash for free!! So what are you waiting for...go check your clothes for excess ribbon!!
 
 
Pop by all the blogs mentioned to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created to inspire us!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

23 comments:

Faye said...

You know I love this image, right? Cool colours too, a lovely card Wedgie. X

Elaine Stark said...

A great card, love the size of this cupcake. Ribbon from clothes is a great way to build your stock. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie. I love the image, she's so sweet and who can resist a cupcake!!? not me!! lol
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Hi there Rachel! Aww...this is such a sweet and adorable card! I have that image saved on my pooter too...Just have remember to take my pooter to work someday...I love searching clothes for fun details...like the ribbon you mentioned. Same thing with old clothes that are in no use anymore... i look out for buttons, pockets...etc...Have a wonderful evening! Hugs and sunshine

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.....fab colours.xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Heide said...

Wedgie,
Happy to see you join us again this week at SSW. What a super cute card. Love the cute image and the pearls on the yummy cupcake.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Unknown said...

hiya...many thanks for your visit and your kind words and please accept my apologies i entered the wrong project dooooh...had a stressful day...sorry again and please feel free to delete my entry...ps yummy cake card hugs sassyxxxxxxxxxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the image, the papers and the layout.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

fab card and who doesn't love a cupcake! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Samantha :0)

mulberry station said...

Hi Wedgie, yes it has been awhile since we have seen you. It is always wonderful to have you join us. I love your cupcake image. It is super cute. Great choice of papers and colors.
Hugs Nancy SSW

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie :) Lovely colours and sweet image!

Tags xx

melody said...

awesome card and take on the sketch....and what an adorable image...love it!

Helen said...

Haha. I have a friend who will try and snip off your hanging up loops if they're hanging out...Lovely card

Hugs Helen xx
(aka Ellie Wee)

Wendy L said...

A gorgeously cute card, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

Unknown said...

Such an awesome card!! Love that digi it was perfect for your layout!! Plus I have to mention the cupcakes at the top of your page has so made me want to go get one right now!!...lol. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create!!
z

Joanna M. said...

Darling and who doesn't love a good cupcake every now and again?!! Thanks so much for joining in the sketchy fun over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Wedgie so gald you droped buy to play along. Love those papers and such a sweet cupcake image. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Jeannie said...

Just a super sweet card all around! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Oh welcome back Wedgie! We love it when you play along with us. This is a terrific image and I do see the resemblance to your pretty face! I grinned about the ribbon you used - I do the same thing because it just seems a waste of good ribbon to not use them off of clothes! I knew we were kindred spirits and that proves it! Beautifully done as always. So glad to have you back here in our SSW family!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Sally Dube said...

So glad you stopped by and joined us!! Love your card - that cupcake looks so yummy!! I also love the pic in your Blog Header - I would love to pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and feast on those sweets!! YUM!
Blessings to you - Sally SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hello stranger I'm so glad you've visited us this week, I know how hard it is with other commitments and being a DT with commenting. It's lovely that you've dropped by and I love your card so sweet and great pastel colours. Hope to see you this week again? Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!