My Design Teams

Saturday 2 March 2013

Aarrgghh...out of my comfort zone!!

Morning All!

Fancy seeing you here today, I hope you are well and had a lovely week.

I have my mum and my aunt visiting me today in Farnham....I think I'll put on a lovely afternoon tea for them...keep your eyes peeled for yummy photos!

Sooo...as you will have noticed from my post title I'm not in a good place today...no the lovely Sweet Stampin ladies have shoved me right out of my comfort zone with this week's challenge....but there again it would be boring if all challenges were simple!

Sooooo...this week we want to see some embossing on your projects. A simple enough technique...both wet or dry...but just one that I don't get on with and I never use. But a challenge is a challenge and so off I went to create my card.....

 
I've opted for dry embossing, creating my little tag with my Cuttlebug. I'm actually quite pleased with how it looks now, but to start with I thought my embossing looked a bit odd just sat there!
 
I've coloured my image with my Promarkers, giving the Birthday girl a lovely purple dress. I've then carried the purple theme on the card with plain backing paper and pretty paper flowers. I've partners the plain purple with that gorgeous green lacy paper which I love. Finally I added some faux stitching to the image and some little gems to the flowers.
 
Pop by the Sweet Stampin blog to see how Team Abi used embossing on their cards this week....there are some gorgeous creations! While at the blog you can also hear more about our fab sponsors....
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Pink Elephant - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - a recipe - 1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Allsorts - for a lady
Cute Card Thursday - something old (I've had the embossing folder as long as I can remember!!)
 
Pop by all these blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created.
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Wedgie. The image looks great and I love the colours.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Tracey T said...

I think your embossing looks fab, Wedgie and the colour combo is gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend! Hugs xx

Natali said...

Wedgie, your card is just lovely and embossing part look amazing on it!!
Hugs
Natali

Wendy L said...

Your card is very pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Anne said...

Love this sweet little card. I do like the lilac and green together
Thanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiments
Anne x

Sarah J Moerman said...

Pretty card! Great colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

rachel said...

great looking card and your embossing looks fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

mixamatoasties said...

She's lovely Wedgie. You've done well with your embossing!!

Susan xx

brenda said...

A really pretty card Rachel. My mind is already in overdrive as to what afternoon tea goodies will appear.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

I have a little competition running with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you joined in, you can check it out here

Doreen said...

lovely card hun and the image is adorable
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Gail said...

This is an adorable card and no one would know it's out of your comfort zone. It's done beautifully! Hugs, Gail