My Design Teams

Tuesday 12 March 2013

All style and no substance!

Hello there...hope you've had a good day!

Mine has been full of meetings....I have so meetings at the moment, but that gives me so little time to actually do the work inbetween the meetings! Silly really!!

Anyway, for all you yummy mummies in the UK I hope you enjoyed your Mothering Sunday and I hope you were spolit rotten. We took mum for her annual Mother's Day afternoon tea in London (an expensive tradtion that we started by accident years ago!!). This year we took mum to a certain 5 star hotel which has a Mad Hatters afternoon tea on offer....it looked brilliant and we were so excited to go.....

 
However, I'm afraid it was a sad case of style over substance! Everything looked so good, and there was a lot of attention to detail. The menu was presented in a copy of Alice in Wonderland, the teas were in minature perfume bottles and the sugar cubes were in a musical box. Shame that they didn't give us enough tea strainers....or spoons...and forget to tell us that the herb butter was in fact garlic butter! They also left us sitting there for ages when we first arrived...after informing us that we only had the table for two hours! When they did finally bring us our tea they managed to mix them all up! The food was questionable...but thats a matter of personal taste rather than anything else....but the service was awful!! We'd never go back and actually we were quite pleased when our two hours were up!
 
Here is Lorna sampling one of their themed delights...
 
 

Not exactly the face you should be pulling at afternoon tea!
 
Anyway, we had a lovely time anyway....we giggled a lot!
 
If you're in the UK you'll know that just as we thought spring had sprung, winter has decided to put in an appearance again...it's freezing!! Thats what make's this evening's card a little bit funny...as I was inspired by all the "spring time" challenge that are about at the moment.....
 
 
I'd love to be in a warm field full of daisys at the moment, wearing one of my vintage dresses and my flip flops...instead I am wrapped in so many layers, sat in front of the heater! Hee, hee!!
 
Anyway, my sentiment has been stamped and coloured with my Promarkers. I have then created a fresh spring time background with a pretty yellow paper and that gorgeous daisy patterned paper. I think this makes a very pretty thank you card!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Allsorts Challenge - springtime
Cupcake Craft Challenge - its only words
Crafty Sentiments - hello spring
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created this week!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx
 

10 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Glad you all managed to have a giggle anyway & not let the hotel spoil your day. Wish someone would accidentally start an expensive tradition for me lol!! Lovely card, need some spring colours xx

P.S. Tell me the hotel, I'll avoid it this weekend lol!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Sorry to hear your Mothers day tea wasn't up to much I hope you complained, your card is gorgeous I like that paper and the sentiment.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

Cute card and love the Daisy paper too! Thanks for sharing with us this time at Allsorts, hugs Samantha :0)

brenda said...

Now that really is what I call afternoon tea Wedgie, what a fabulous treat for your Mum.

A gorgeous Springtime card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Delphine said...

Such a lovely spring card, Wedgie! I love your fresh colours and pretty sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Glad you could take it with a giggle Wedgie.

The card is gorgeous as always.

Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Love
Maarit

Liza said...

Lovely work, thanks for joining in with our "only Words" challenge this week at CCC.

Liza x

Diane said...

What a lovely fresh spring card Wedgie !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

hugs Diane xx

Unknown said...

Wedgie this is so pretty, I love the style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

~*Joni said...

It's all about attitude - it sounds like you all made the most of your day out despite the crummy service! :) I love the look on her face sampling her tea. heehee! This is adorable, I love the CAS design, I cannot wait for warmer weather too! Thank you so much for playing along in our Green challenge over at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT