My Design Teams

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Feeling a bit girlie....

Hello there...Happy Tuesday!

I hope you are well today! Look at me with yet another post....Joe has been spending a lot of time in the garage recently (drift season is about to start and he has cars to get ready)...this means I can spend more time crafting!

I made this card last night while I was in a real girlie mood (I had one of my friends over for dinner and we had a good old gossip)! I was inspired by the fab photo which is The Pink Elephant's challenge theme this week.....

 
What a pretty bed! I just want to climb in there right now! I also love this cute colour combo, yellow and grey goes together so well and makes for a very pretty card!
 
Anyway, the combination of my girlie mood and this gorgeous photo led me to make this card....
 
 
This is a new stamp that I bought a little while ago and I haven't used yet. Some of you might recognise the pattern though as its made by Kanban...who also make those gorgeous cake/cup stamps that I love so much!
 
I've coloured my image with my Promarkers, and added a little sparkle with my Stickles to the top of the bath and to the towel (it hasn't come out very well on the photo, but its there I promise!). I then used a combination of plain grey and yellow papers and that gorgeous patterned paper. I have added some faux stitching...I kinda wish that was in white now!
 
I've left the sentiment quite vague as I thought it could make a lovely Birthday card or a Mother's Day card...or for anyone in your life who needs some R&R!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
The Pink Elephant - photo inspiration
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - all that glitters
 
Pop by all the blogs mentioned to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created.
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

Doreen said...

stunning card ;)
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful card...love the image and fab colour.xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful card! Iagree about the colours, Wedgie -they're fabulous together!
Chris
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Wedgie, I like the fancy bath tub and the papers.
Kevin xx

Gail said...

This is so cute! LOVE the image and the paper on the tub is wonderful! Hugs, Gail

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous girlie card Wedgie. I love the colours and pretty papers.
Lorraine x

Jasmine said...

Wonderful feminine card. Awesome job using the photo inspiration. Gorgeous image and papers. Thanks so much for sharing at The Corrosive Challenge!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Great take on this weeks Inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
Sheri-TPE DT

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is such a beautiful and elegant card!Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

having a {me} day said...

What a lovely relaxing card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley