My Design Teams

Sunday 17 March 2013

More Bunnies!

Hello there...I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

My Saturday was just lovely...a purely indulgent day! Joe is drifting this weekend, so I'm home alone. Sooooo...I decided to try out the new tearoom in Farnham called The Vintage Cake House. In fact I've been trying to go there for ages, but its so popular that I never seem to get a table...until today!! I arrived early.....and yes I managed to get myself a table! I have to say its a rather pretty place to have tea....complete with wonderful china, delicious cakes and lovely staff! It may have only been 11am when I arrived...but I decided that its never too early for a cream tea!! And I can confirm that this was the correct choice.....

 
Yes, that scone is huge...but more importantly..it was warm and rather yummy!
 
If anyone happens to be in Farnham I would really recommend a visit! Service comes with a smile and the rest of the cakes looked amazing too....I'll be going back again soon!
 
Anyway, high on my mid-morning sugar rush I then paid a visit to my favourite antiques shop....big mistake!! After rather a long time wandering around the various rooms I treated myself some "new" old china and a lovely set of teaspoons! Whoops! I then spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen....today I have Lorna, Becca and Alex visiting me and so I decided I need to get my bake on and make some tasty treats of my own (photos to follow!).
 
What a lovely Saturday!!
 
I also managed to squeeze in a little card making you'll be pleased to hear! I have come across another springtime/Easter card....and so I thought I'd give my cute Easter bunny yet another outing....I really need to buy some more Easter stamps!!
 
 
I've gone with soft pastel colours for this card, perfect for springtime I think! I've kept it simple, using just two papers - the plain blue and the cute striped paper. My bunny has been coloured again with my Promarkers. Then I decided to add some embellishments....I've gone with a pretty white ribbon, a polka dot bow and a lovely cream coloured button.
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Di's Digi Challenge - Springtime/Easter
I Love Promarkers - ribbons and bows
Allsorts - 1,2,3 challenge (1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments)
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created this week!
 
So, I mentioned that the girlies are visiting me today...thats because we are off to a wine course this afternoon! Hee, hee....I wonder how much we'll actually remember after the course?? Luckily its only a five minute walk back to my house afterwards!!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

12 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Oooh sounds like the most fabulous weekend hon!! I hope you enjoy the wine course....cute card too. I discovered yesterday you can climb over the O2 but no one is keen to accompany me lol!! Hugs xx

Unknown said...

This is so cute Wedgie, love the soft pastel colours .. you've reminded me of this darling stamp that I also have :) ... an yum that scone looks really delicious and with all that lovely china it must have been definitely a pure delight xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Tracey T said...

The tea room sounds lovely, Wedgie, as does the wine course! In fact, that's probably a perfect combination for me. Love the sweet Easter card, too - you're quite right to make your stamps earn their keep! Hugs, Tracey xx

Pat said...

Cute card, sweet bunny image.

Pat xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

An adorable bunny gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the adorable bunny image, the colours and the bow, I do enjoy a cream tea now and again.
Kevin xx

mixamatoasties said...

Sounds like you've had a fun weekend!

And another lovely card.

Susan x

PS there is no such thing as too big a scone ;)

debby4000 said...

Soooo cute.
luv
Debby

WeirdCat said...

Aww so cute, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Craftdee said...

Mmm, you can't beat a nice cream tea... unless it's a nice wine tour, lol. What a lovely card - perfect for the Spring/Easter challenge at Di's Digi Designs
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥