My Design Teams

Wednesday 20 March 2013

This time its a chick!

Hello there!

Soooo...its Wednesday night...I've been to work...I've been to Brownies...I'm at mum's and I suddenly got the urge to make a card! What's a girl to do when she's away from her craft desk, but wants to make a card?? Luckily I have my laptop with me and so have a selection of digi images to choose from....so the image was no problem...but what about the rest of my crafty items??

Well....mum actually has a lovely supply of items in her "Brownie" cupboard....so I decided to raid it! I found some card blanks and some pretty papers.....so I decided to whip up a quick card....

 
Please ignore the wonky cutting...the one thing I haven't got here is a paper guillotine!! Whoops! Apart from the wonky cutting and slightly dodgy colouring thanks to the blunt colouring pencils I found in the "Brownie" cupboard, I am quite pleased with this little cutie!
 
After a weekend full of Easter bunny cards made with the same stamp I decided to treat myself to some Easter digi images from DigiStamp Boutique....I bought this little chick and a similar square with a bunny! The image has been coloured with the previously mentioned colouring pencils!
 
I've even attempted a little bit of decoupage on the wing and the flower. There were no 3D sticky pads to be found here...but there was some sellotape which I have folded in half several times. It kinda has the desired effect!!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Easter treats
Simon Says Stamp - Easter/Spring
DigiStamp Boutique - monthly competition
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
I hope to see you again soon!
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

That is fab. What a great image!

You were very creative after Brownies. I went to the pub after Anchor Boys ;)

Susan x

Unknown said...

Aww this is so cute Wedgie, what a sweet chickie :) I love the clean style of you card xxx

debby4000 said...

Soooooo cute
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

Fabulous CAS card Wedgie. That little chick is so cute!
Lorraine x

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
Sheri-TPE DT

cheiron said...

What an adorable little chicky..love the flower in her hair! Thanks for playing along with the Spring/Easter challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!