My Design Teams

Friday 8 March 2013

Up, up and away....

Hello there...well we've made it...it's finally Friday evening!

Its been a long week...I had a meeting in Reading on Monday morning and I spent all day Wednesday in Cardiff at another meeting. I'm so pleased that the weekend is finally here and I can stay in one place for a while! I'm quite excited actually as I am going to see the Russell Kane perform his new comedy act in Aldershot this evening with Joe, my sister Lorna and her hubbie. I'm cooking us all dinner and then off to the show, then they are staying with us in Farnham.
 
Anyway, before they all arrive I had a little time to make a quick card.....

 
Its not my usual type of card I know....there is no pink or purple....or cupcakes to be seen! I was quite pleased with it until I coloured the stamped image (I think it looked better in black and white) and I added the orange bunting (I'm not very good at bunting!!).
 
The layout is inspired by the fab sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week....
 
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Top Tip Tuesday - up, up and away
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created for us this week!
 
Thanks for popping by today...don't forget to pop back tomorrow to find out about this week's My Time to Craft challenge!
 
Wedgie xxxx
 

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Wedgie. I love the design and papers.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Debbie said...

Great card and th ebunting is fine to me. I have this baloon stamp, looks good. Debbiex

Lisa Carroll said...

Such an adorable card! Love the mix of patterns. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Bit o' Green" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the image and great papers.xxx

mulberry station said...

Such cute Hot Air balloons. I love your papers and cute banner. Thanks for joining us.
Hugs, Nancy

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...:o)

have a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card, the bunting is a great bit of detail. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Linda Anderson said...

Well it really quite lovely Wedgie! Love the fabulous balloons. And your bunting is perfect. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Heide said...

What a great card, love the balloon image and the trees as the BG. Have fun on your night out. Thanks for joining us a SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Sally Dube said...

Love it Wedgie!! Green is my favorite color - AND - a Hot Air Balloon ride is on my Bucket List... maybe this is a sign =)
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Joanna M. said...

Wedgie, we've missed seeing you! I like your card despite it being colored. You matched the colors in your paper perfectly. Enjoy your sister's visit.

~Jo, SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

How cute and the tree paper is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Wedgie wow what a cute card love this hot air balloon and your tree paper is just perfect for the background. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Sweet card Wedgie. Love those papers. Thank you for joining us at SSW this week. Holly xx

Sharon Basel said...

Adorable card Wedgie! I love those papers you've used here and your bunting is just perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon