My Design Teams

Saturday 23 March 2013

Well and truely out of my comfort zone!

Good Morning! Happy Saturday!

I hope you've had a lovely week and are ready to enjoy your weekend!

This is a scheduled post as I am currently on a coach somewhere in the UK travelling back from the Alfie Boe concert that I accompanied my mum to last night! I'm not really a fan, but mum wanted to go and so I said I'd go too!!

So.....I thought last week's challenge at My Time to Craft was difficult because I really don't many Easter images (I bet you are all sick of that cute little bunny now!!)....but when I saw the challenge this week I nearly fell of my chair!!

Our theme for this week is Gothic.....now as you can probably tell just from looking at my blog...I'm really not a gothic girl! I really had to think about what a gothic card would look like and resist the urge to add some pink!!

Here's what I came up with....
 
 
 
I've gone with a different sized/shaped card this week...not sure why...I just fancied a change! When looking through my Pollycraft images I came across this Steampunk image that I thought looked quite "gothic"....I then decided on my black, red and grey colour combo. I've coloured my image with my Promakers and then I decided to keep the background simple...using just plain black paper and that gorgeous red and white flowery paper. I think this hits the spot!

For more gothic inspiration pop by the My Time to Craft challenge blog and take a peek at all the gorgeous DT cards!

I'd also like the enter this card at:
 
Love to Create - anything goes
I Heart Promarkers - anything goes
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT creations!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

15 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is fab hunnie, nice to be challenged once in a while lol!

Have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful...love the image and fab colours.xxx

Chris said...

It's good to be 'challenged' sometimes! You've made a great job of this, Wedgie!
Chris
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the image and the colours.
Kevin xx

Marilyn said...

I think this card is great! We do need to 'step out' of our comfort zone sometimes and I'm always glad when I do... but that's after it is all over and done with.
Fab job!

Pat said...

Super card Wedgie, great image, I too was out of my comfort zone with this one but think we did OK.

Pat xx

Kim. said...

Lol Wedgie I googled what a gothic card would look like, so you were not alone. Great card though, the image is perfect as are the colours.
Kim xXx

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Ann said...

Going outside of your comfort zone works great for you. This is a fabulous card!

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Wedgie. The image looks great and I love teh colours.
Have a good weekend.
Lorraine

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

:) awesome

Sheila said...

Fab card, this was a hard one for me too x

Unknown said...

Hi Wedgie, looks wonderfully gothic to me! I'd would've been tempted to add pink as well!!!

Sarah

An Occasional Genius said...

I think you've rocked gothic hon! Perfect image & that backing paper is fabulous. Hugs xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment...means a lot!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma