My Design Teams

Saturday 30 August 2014

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hello there,

Happy Saturday - I hope you've had a sweet week!

I'm back today with a new challenge from Sweet Stampin and this week I found the challenge quite....well....challenging! Our theme this week is "embossing"....and as some of you know I'm really not a fan! I'm not keen on dry or wet embossing...no particular reason...I just don't like it!

However, I'm a big girl....so when I saw the theme I took a deep breath and looked through my craft stash for some inspiration. To make it a bit easier I opted for a Birthday card and to sweeten it a little more I thought I should feature some cake.....


I've gone with a bright zingy colour combo, using the strong green plain paper with striped and starred patterned papers. My dry embossing was created using my Cuttlebug - I embossed the present and then used a light grey Promarker to add a little more definition.

Finally I added a stamped cake image, which has been coloured with my Promarkers and I've added a little sparkle with my Stickles.

For more embossing inspiration pop by the Sweet Stampin challenge blog and take a peek at all the gorgeous DT cards that Team Abi have created. While you are there you can read all about our fab sponsor this week...


I would also like to enter this challenge over at:

The Pink Elephant - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes

Pop by all these fab challenge blogs to see some gorgeous DT cards.

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Super card!

Susan xx

Cass said...

Fab card! xx

Tracey T said...

Such a cheery card, Wedgie! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. xx

Annette said...

Lovely card Wedgie, but it's making me want some cake!! LOL
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It and
The Stamp Basket.

Pamellia said...

I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at this super fun card! What a great colour palette, so vibrant and cheery! Love your image and the sentiment is perfect! Your embossed present is such a great touch! :)